I know it’s not even technically fall yet but I’m already feeling it in the air and it’s leaving me super excited! While driving to a family session last Thursday, the air felt crisper, the light was more golden than in summer months, and the sky was covered with the perfect amount of clouds. It’s been insanely hot in South Carolina this summer and believe me, I am definitely ready for a little break! Even if that means days that are *only* in the upper 70s!
Fall has been my favorite season for as long as I can remember followed closely by winter. It starts a fun time in the year that has an extra amount of coziness as temperatures begin to drop and leaves start to change color. This year I’m even more excited than in the past because I have a whole home to decorate and make extra cozy for the season. Part of it too is that last year everything from September 1st to December 31st was centered around wedding planning and moving and I never really got to experience fall. It feels like it’s been two years since I really got to enjoy a fall which, in reality, it kind of has!
I wanted to take today to focus on all the good things coming with fall because there has been a lot of anxiety and worry lately over where we’ll be living past the middle of November. We will know in time but for now, I’m trying hard to focus on everything good these next few months instead of all the unknowns. It helps me get through 🙂
- Sweaters. Need I say more? I already have several lightweight ones that I can wear until we leave South Carolina. And yes, I’ve already started to wear them with shorts.
- Pumpkin anything. Pumpkin candles, pumpkin pie, pumpkin coffee… I think you get the point. I’m hoping to find pumpkin froyo because I had that last year and boy was it good!
- Pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks. Super sad they changed their recipe because I loved the original but hopefully the new one is even better. Seriously though, theirs is the best pumpkin spice latte I have EVER tasted. I even caved a few days ago and bought some VIA packs of Starbucks’ PSL because I couldn’t wait any longer. Doesn’t taste anywhere near the same though, but it’s still good!
- Beautiful photography lighting. And beautiful colors to photograph!
- Cuddling up on the couch to watch a movie with hot chocolate, a pumpkin spice latte, or apple cider. Seriously so cozy!
- My birthday! Which is also my parents’ anniversary… sorry mom and dad!
- Cable knit anything. Especially when it comes to home decor and clothing.
- Boots. I love wearing boots. The only thing better than wearing boots is wearing them with cable knit boot socks.
- One step closer to Christmas! Which is my absolute favorite holiday. P’s too!
- The feel of fall air. It really can’t be described, but it is perfectly crisp and I love it.
What’s your favorite part about fall? 🙂